Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Healthy, Dairy Free Pancakes

Pancakes are my most favouritest things in the world. Besides of course muffins... And peanut butter... And cashew butter... Goodness, I really need to narrow down the list! Often, store-bought mixes, delicious as they are, aren't very filling and contain plenty of sugar, as well as artificial ingredients (ie., preservatives). I wanted to create a pancake recipe that would still be delicious, but without all the unnecessary junk. I have very high standards when it comes to pancakes, because my dad is a pancake master. Therefor, I am used to his ridiculously delicious pancakes! Anyways, I shall move on to the recipe...
How delish do these look? Picture courtesy of flickr.
Ingredients 
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 packets stevia of choice
1/16 tsp salt
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 flax egg (1/2 tbsp flax, 1 1/2 tbsp water)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp earth balance (or other buttery spread)
1 tbsp water

Place a greased pan on your stove or griddle at medium heat. In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix lightly, as overmixing can cause gumminess (Yuck!). Pour batter onto pan in circles. You will end up with about 4 large pancakes. Lastly, enjoy! Drench in syrup, yoghurt, fruit, jam, whatever you want! Get creative with it.

That's all for today! Hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did. If you have any requests, or suggestions, simply let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment