Monday, August 20, 2012

Fudgey Brownie Bites

Yummm... Like eating a fluffy chocolate cloud. Fudgey, gooey, chocolatey (is that a word? According to spell check it is) brownie bites. Or buttons. Or mini chocolate dreams. Call them what you want, I call them delicious! I'm sure if you omitted some of the liquid, you could make chocolate brownie cupcakes. I'll tackle those another day. For now, I'll stuff- I mean delicately place- these into my mouth!

Ingredients
1 cup flour of choice (I used white whole wheat)
2 tsp baking powder 
15 packets Stevia (I use either SweetLeaf or Krisda brand)
4 tbsp sugar (I used 2 tbsp coconut sugar + 2 tbsp brown sugar)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp oil (I used softened coconut oil)
1 cup preferred liquid (I used 1/2 cup almond milk + 1/2 cup water- you may need more or less, if you find yourself with a thicker/thinner batter)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour all ingredients into a bowl (or you can do dry in one bowl, wet in another & pour wet into dry to combine). Stir until a smooth consistency is reached. Place batter into muffin tin & fill about 1/3 full. Cook for 20-25 minutes. They may appear slightly undercooked when you take them out of the oven, but that is what gives you the gooey texture!

Hope you all enjoyed this recipe. Please leave suggestions or recipe requests in the comments... I'm up for turning ANYTHING healthy! (Yes, even Grandma's chocolate chip cookies;)

No comments:

Post a Comment