Friday, August 31, 2012

Banana Almond Muffins

Clearly there's too many bananas in my house... I think I need a banana intervention. But they make everything taste so good! Today I have an awesome banana honey almond muffin recipe. These are healthy, yummy, and perfect for an on-the-go snack. For an autumn twist, you could probably add pumpkin puree instead of banana and pecans instead of almonds. Obviously, I can't vouch for this flavor, as I haven't tried it. Next time I'm at the grocery store, I'll pick up some pumpkin and try it out! On to the recipe...


Ingredients
3/4 cup wheat bran
2 scoops your choice of protein powder
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp honey (or more, depending on your sweet tooth, or in my case, lack thereof!)
2 tbsp chopped almonds
2 tbsp almond meal/flour
1 packet stevia
1/2 dropper liquid vanilla flavored stevia
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 bananas, lightly mashed (about 1.5 cups)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly mix all ingredients together. Muffins tend to get gummy, or dense if the batter is over-mixed, so make sure not to. Disperse evenly amongst 12 greased or lined muffin tins. Bake for around 25-30 minutes.


Question of the day: What's your favourite flavor?
I would have to say cake batter! I cannot get enough. 2 of my favourite cake batter recipes are Chocolate Covered Katie's "Cake Batter Energy Bars" and her "Cake Batter Milkshake". They are so yummy! 


Picture Courtesy of Chocolate Covered Katie




That's all for today! Hope you guys like this recipe. Let me know in the comments what you think. Also, if you have any questions, shoot them my way! Enjoy your long weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Heya!

    Found your blog through Elle and Blair and I love it!

    Any amount of bananas is good, the more the merrier!!

    Will be following from now on. Please check out my blog and follow if u like health/food etc.

    Georgia :) http://thepescetarianpantry.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your blog looks awesome :) Loved the post about good fat/bad fats... No one seems to get that it's not the fats! lol

    ReplyDelete