Monday, September 3, 2012

Buttery Mango, Coconut & Banana Muffins

First of all, sorry for the lack of posts this week. School starts tomorrow, so life has been enormously busy! Hopefully, I will try to post every 2nd day. Anyways, on to the muffins! Super moist and buttery tropical muffins. Like a smoothie, but better. Yes, I said it. Better than a smoothie. Forgive me :) The mango, banana and coconut flavors really compliment each other. The sweetness of mango and banana balance out undertones of coconut. Gosh, it sounds like I'm talking about a Slatkin & Co. candle! Moving on. Perhaps you could substitute the mango for papaya? Or the ever-classic strawberry banana combo. These are just suggestions, which I haven't personally tried, but if you do, let me know how they turn out! On to the recipe...


Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh or frozen mango, pureed (I used frozen, and found that adding a bit of water really helped to pulverize it better)
3/4 cup mango, chopped (again, I used frozen)

1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 cup oat bran
1 cup flour
1 banana, chopped into fourths (chop banana in half, then in half again. Next, cut small chunks and voila!)
1 cup liquid (I used 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp earth balance "butter"
1/2 cup flaked coconut 


Preheat your oven to 400°F. Puree mango in a food processor or high powder blender. Pour puree into mixing bowl and add in the brown sugar. Chop up the other mango into small chunks. Slowly stir in the rest of the ingredients. Disperse batter evenly amongst 12 greased muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges or golden. 

Question of the day: Are you excited to go back to school? (And if you're not in school, how about work?)
To be completely honest with you, I'm excited to get back to school. Mostly to see and hang-out with friends (duh!). I'm also excited to get my class schedule. I'm sure a few weeks from now, when I'm bogged down with homework, I'll be saying "Get me outta here!"



On another note, hope you like this recipe. Let me know your opinions, thoughts or requests!  

No comments:

Post a Comment